Skip to Content

Payment Methods

What payment methods does the bookstore accept?
The bookstore accepts the following:
Credit/Debit Card
Financial Aid
Gift Card
Can I have my textbooks billed to my student account?
Yes, you can charge textbooks to your student account if you have financial aid funds available.
When are Financial Aid payment methods available?
Financial Aid payment methods are available at the beginning of each semester.
Can I purchase other items than course materials with financial aid?
Yes, you can purchase any item on the bookstore website with available financial aid funds at the beginning of each semester.
Why do I need to hold a debit/credit card on file for a rental?
The bookstore requires a debit/credit card to be held on file in case the rental is not returned.
After placing an order I received an order confirmation, does that mean my payment method has been charged?
No, the order confirmation email is only to confirm your and payment method information has been received. Once you order is fulfilled, your payment method on file will be charged, and you will receive a second email confirming your order has shipped or is ready-to-pickup.
After I enter my credit card information, the website says "Billing system error." How do I fix this?
Please verify the credit/debit card number is correct. If it's incorrect, please re-enter you card number. If the card number is correct, please verify that the billing address is the address on file with your bank/financial institution. If it's incorrect, please re-enter the correct billing address.

Policy Update regarding Financial Aid funds:

Department Charges will no longer be accepted for students awaiting of any type to be awarded (Pell,
SEOG, WIOA, State VA, Vocational Rebab, etc.). Students will need to be sure all unsatisfied
requirements are completed prior to bookstore purchases. Please contact the Bishop State Financial Aid
Office if you have any questions or need assistance.
In order to charge materials to your student account at the Bookstore, new students will need to ensure
their Title IV Authorization has been completed. If you need assistance completing your Title IV
application, please contact the Financial Office or visit our website

Haven't found what you're looking for?